Gearbox penalties for Valtteri Bottas and Esteban Gutierrez are the only changes to the Australian Grand Prix grid line-up after 2014's first Formula 1 qualifying session.
The possibility of a much more mixed-up grid had arisen when stewards investigated fourth and fifth-placed qualifiers Kevin Magnussen and Fernando Alonso, plus world champion Sebastian Vettel, for alleged driving infringements.
But Magnussen and Vettel were both cleared of failing to slow for yellow flags, while the stewards concluded that Alonso had not impeded Gutierrez as suggested.
Sauber driver Gutierrez had only qualified 19th, so will drop to last with the applicaton of his 'five-place' gearbox change penalty after a problem on Saturday morning.
Bottas was 10th fastest and therefore falls to 15th. His Williams ran into gearbox trouble early in final practice.
The Finn's demotion helps Vettel, but the reigning F1 world champion will still only start 12th after software issues hampered him in qualifying.
His new team-mate Daniel Ricciardo qualified second, between the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Final Australian Grand Prix grid:
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault
3. Nico Rosberg Mercedes
4. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari
6. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault
7. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes
8. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault
9. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes
10. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
11. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari
12. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
13. Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari
14. Kamui Kobayashi Caterham-Renault
15. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes*
16. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes
17. Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari
18. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari
19. Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault
20. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault
21. Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault
22. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari*
* Gearbox change penalty