Pic admits F1 future unclear as Kovalainen expects Caterham return
|By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde||Thursday, November 21st 2013, 14:01 GMT|
Charles Pic has admitted he is uncertain about his future in Formula 1, suggesting there are no guarantees he will stay at Caterham.
The Frenchman joined Caterham from Marussia for the 2013 season, having made his grand prix debut with the latter last year.
Heikki Kovalainen has been linked with a return to a Caterham race seat next year, and Giedo van der Garde's position seems more secure than Pic's due to his financial backing.
Pic conceded his plans are still very much up in the air.
"For next year, the logic for me would be to stay in Caterham but it's not sure," said Pic ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix.
"I think there are still many seats available for next year, so we will see."
Asked how it felt to be potentially facing the end of his F1 career after just two seasons, Pic replied: "It's like that every year. In the end, I don't think anything's changed a lot.
"We try to focus on the races we have and give our best this weekend, try to get a good result for the team and then we'll see what happens for next year."
Pic, whose team is in 11th place in the constructors' championship behind Marussia, said he is unsure if securing 10th and the financial bonus that comes with it would help his chances of staying on.
"I don't know if it would help my position but for sure it would help the team and it's the target. So we'll go for it and see," he said.