Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 15 views remaining

You have read 5 stories this month. After 20, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 30 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 20 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 30 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.

Andrew Van de Burgt
Editor in Chief

autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
F3 NEWS 

Da Costa replaces Kvyat at Carlin for Macau F3 GP

Da Costa replaces Kvya for Macau

Antonio Felix da Costa has replaced Daniil Kvyat in Carlin's line-up for next month's Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix.

Carlin was forced to complete a last-minute deal with the Portuguese, winner of last year's Macau GP, after Kvyat's surprise elevation to the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team, announced on Monday evening.

Kvyat is now unable to compete in Macau on November 14-17 as he will have commitments to Toro Rosso at the clashing United States Grand Prix.

AUTOSPORT understands that team boss Trevor Carlin put the suggestion to da Costa at this week's Formula Renault 3.5 test at Barcelona for him to try to emulate Edoardo Mortara and become a two-time Macau winner.

The deal had to be done quickly as da Costa has not raced an F3 car this year. Drivers must compete in F3 during the current calendar year to be eligible for Macau, and da Costa's only opportunity to do so is this weekend's F3 Cup round at Snetterton.

According to AUTOSPORT sources, an entry for da Costa was filed for Snetterton on Wednesday evening.

He will drive a Dallara-Volkswagen alongside fellow Red Bull Junior Carlos Sainz Jr in the Norfolk event, which is also being contested by Formula Renault ace Esteban Ocon for Macau qualification purposes.

In preparation, he will test one of Carlin's F312 Dallaras at Silverstone on Friday.

Da Costa said: "I am really happy to be racing in Macau again, particularly with Carlin after our success there last year.

"Obviously the aim is to win again, although in Macau you can see your weekend turned around in an instant! But when the opportunity came up to race there again this year, I couldn't say no."

Team boss Trevor Carlin said: "We are delighted that we have one more chance to race with Antonio. He was superb in Macau last year, and as a real racer he jumped at the chance to return this year when the opportunity arose."

  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the autosport.com shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
Haymarket