Nicolas Prost extends deal with Rebellion LMP1 team
|Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 08:53 GMT|
Nicolas Prost will remain with Rebellion Racing for the 2014 season.
The son of four-time Formula 1 world champion Alain Prost has been part of Rebellion's LMP1 line-up since 2009.
"I know the team well, I'm very comfortable here and I am always involved in the development of the team," said Prost.
"We have grown together over the years and it feels like absolutely the right thing to stay with Rebellion Racing."
Rebellion will switch from its current Lolas to a new LMP1 being designed by ORECA next season.
Team boss Bart Hayden said the decision to keep Prost had been taken a long time ago.
"As there was a strong desire from both sides to continue the partnership, it was a logical decision to extend our relationship with Nico," he said.
"The decision was actually made a long time ago, but there was no rush to make a public announcement at that time."
Alongside his sportscar drive, Prost has also been part of the Lotus F1 team's testing roster.