Matt Kenseth kept up his perfect 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase record by taking an assured win at New Hampshire, his seventh of the season.
For the second week in a row Kenseth led home his Joe Gibbs Racing team-mate Kyle Busch in a Toyota Camry 1-2. It was an extra special result for Kenseth as the race was his 500th Cup start.
Greg Biffle's Roush Fenway team did a great job in the pits to get the Ford Fusion into the top six, but it was a stunning double pass on Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr that earned Biffle third place.
Johnson was a top six runner all day, and fourth place keeps his quest for a sixth title ticking along nicely.
It was a great day for Jamie McMurray, who was tipped into a spin by Earnhardt Ganassi team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya before being collected by newcomer Kevin Swindell. But despite a stoved in rear end, McMurray took fifth place, passing Earnhardt late on.
It was also a good recovery for Earnhardt, who lost crucial track position with a pitstop problem. His team put him off-sequence and it worked, he led a lap and took sixth.
In a race of few retirements, it was a bad race for any of the Chasers to hit trouble.
After taking the lead from pole man Ryan Newman on lap three, Kasey Kahne looked set for a strong run. But when he lost the rear end on a late race restart and slammed into the infield wall he was condemned to a miserable 37th-place finish, which has hit his title hopes hard.
Other Chasers to struggle were Kevin Harvick, who battled an overheating motor in his Richard Childress Racing Chevy and finished 20th, and Clint Bowyer, who fell foul of a poorly timed caution, which put him at the tail of the pack at a track where overtaking is about as hard as it gets on an oval.
Results - 300 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Matt Kenseth Joe Gibbs Toyota 2h57m02.000s
2. Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Toyota +0.533s
3. Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford +1.850s
4. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Chevrolet +2.532s
5. Jamie McMurray Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet +6.594s
6. Dale Earnhardt Jr Hendrick Chevrolet +7.819s
7. Brian Vickers Waltrip Toyota +8.408s
8. Jeff Burton Childress Chevrolet +8.929s
9. Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Ford +9.714s
10. Martin Truex Jr Waltrip Toyota +10.637s
11. Brad Keselowski Penske Ford +10.823s
12. Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Toyota +12.346s
13. Kurt Busch Furniture Row Chevrolet +13.440s
14. Joey Logano Penske Ford +14.271s
15. Jeff Gordon Hendrick Chevrolet +15.029s
16. Ryan Newman Stewart-Haas Chevrolet +16.125s
17. Clint Bowyer Waltrip Toyota +17.350s
18. Marcos Ambrose Petty Ford +19.488s
19. Juan Pablo Montoya Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet +20.014s
20. Kevin Harvick Childress Chevrolet +20.191s
21. Aric Almirola Petty Ford +21.370s
22. Paul Menard Childress Chevrolet +21.663s
23. Mark Martin Stewart-Haas Chevrolet +23.272s
24. Ricky Stenhouse Jr Roush Fenway Ford +23.559s
25. Casey Mears Germain Ford +24.405s
26. David Reutimann BK Toyota +26.001s
27. Danica Patrick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet +26.763s
28. Travis Kvapil BK Toyota +27.784s
29. David Ragan Front Row Ford +1 lap
30. Michael McDowell Phoenix Chevrolet +2 laps
31. Dave Blaney Baldwin Chevrolet +2 laps
32. Josh Wise Front Row Ford +3 laps
33. JJ Yeley Baldwin Chevrolet +4 laps
34. Landon Cassill Hillman Chevrolet +4 laps
35. Joe Nemechek NEMCO Toyota +4 laps
36. Timmy Hill FAS Lane Ford +7 laps
37. Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet +22 laps
38. Kevin Swindell Swan Toyota +56 laps
David Gilliland Front Row Ford 239 laps
Bobby Labonte JTG Daugherty Toyota 161 laps
Tony Raines Circle Sport Chevrolet 128 laps
Johnny Sauter Parsons Ford 103 laps
Scott Riggs Leavine Ford 92 laps