Ex-F1 racer Lucas di Grassi rules out DTM move despite Audi test
|By Jamie O'Leary||Monday, September 2nd 2013, 08:29 GMT|
Lucas di Grassi has ruled out a switch to the DTM in the near future, despite testing an Audi RS5 DTM at Spielberg last week.
The ex-Formula 1 racer, who is part of Audi's World Endurance Championship line-up, joined DTM regulars Mike Rockenfeller and Mattias Ekstrom plus single-seater racer Nico Muller for the four-day test in Austria.
Di Grassi said he had enjoyed his experience, but that his immediate future lay in sportscars.
"I've got a mid-term contract with Audi and I fully identify with the LMP programme for which I'm scheduled again next year," said the Brazilian.
"I hope that with my combination of Formula 1 and LMP experience and my feedback I was able to assist my DTM colleagues a tiny bit."
The test, which was also attended by Mercedes and Audi, but was not officially timed, was hit by changeable weather on each of the four days.
Di Grassi said he still enjoyed his experience.
"It was an extremely positive experience," he added. "And it was nice to see that Mattias Ekstrom and I had reasonably similar driving styles and gave similar feedback."