MotoGP working on Indianapolis deal extension
|Sunday, August 18th 2013, 16:04 GMT|
MotoGP has confirmed that it will fulfil the last year of its contract with Indianapolis in 2014, and is looking to extend the deal.
There had been suggestions that the championship's Brickyard round was under threat prior to this weekend's race.
But a statement from MotoGP promoter Dorna said that it would be back as planned next August.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Doug Boles feels MotoGP is gaining momentum at the famous track, where it first raced in 2008.
"The last six years have established a solid foundation for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP and we are optimistic about the growth of the event in Indianapolis," he said.
"We are also eager to continue working with our friends at Dorna to ensure an exciting long-term future for MotoGP at the 'Racing Capital of the World'."