Marc Marquez led an all-Honda top three as he remained fastest in second MotoGP practice at Indianapolis.
The morning pacesetter got his time down to a 1m39.502s this time as he led Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa.ractice at Indianapolis.
The latter had a muted start to the day as he admitted he was still stiff from recent injuries in practice one.
But he was straight up to speed in the second session and for a while was half a second quicker than the rest.
His 1m39.582s was reeled in by the rest though, with third-placed Stefan Bradl getting to within 0.099s.
Jorge Lorenzo could only manage fourth, 0.253s off the pace on the best Yamaha.
His stablemates Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi completed the top six, just ahead of Alvaro Bautista. Rossi had a brief off at Turn 13 late on.
Bradley Smith was eighth, followed by the two factory Ducatis.
Aleix Espargaro was top CRT man in 11th.
Karel Abraham was cleared to continue after his violent morning accident and was 22nd. He did not sustain any broken bones, though he did damage muscle in his shoulder.
Bradl had a minor fall early in practice two, with Hiroshi Aoyama also crashing later on.
But the only actual interruption was a red flag for a displaced marker cone on the approach to Turn 1.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m39.502s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m39.582s +0.080s
3. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m39.681s +0.179s
4. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m39.765s +0.263s
5. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.813s +0.311s
6. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m40.084s +0.582s
7. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m40.087s +0.585s
8. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.240s +0.738s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m40.433s +0.931s
10. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m40.552s +1.050s
11. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 1m40.750s +1.248s
12. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m41.099s +1.597s
13. Ben Spies Pramac Ducati 1m41.145s +1.643s
14. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m41.444s +1.942s
15. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m41.552s +2.050s
16. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m41.588s +2.086s
17. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m41.814s +2.312s
18. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m41.956s +2.454s
19. Yonny Hernandez PBM Aprilia 1m42.088s +2.586s
20. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m42.808s +3.306s
21. Lukas Pesek Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m42.828s +3.326s
22. Karel Abraham Cardion Aprilia 1m42.927s +3.425s
23. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda 1m43.253s +3.751s
24. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 1m43.741s +4.239s
25. Blake Young Attack APR-Kawasaki 1m45.590s +6.088s