Jules Bianchi keen on second season with Marussia F1 team
|By Edd Straw and Matt Beer||Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 12:06 GMT|
Ferrari protege Jules Bianchi believes staying at Marussia for a second season in Formula 1 could be a good option for his career, despite the team still struggling to score.
Bianchi secured a Marussia drive at the last minute this year after Luiz Razia's funding fell through.
He had previously been Force India's third driver, but lost out on a race seat to returnee Adrian Sutil.
Marussia will switch from Cosworth to Ferrari engines next season.
Bianchi believes that move plus the major technical regulations revamp offers a big chance for the British squad.
"I think Marussia will be a good team next year," he said.
"We will have a new engine. All the teams start from zero again [with the rules changes].
"I think we will have a good opportunity. It's a good option to stay here."
He added that he was not frustrated to be at the back of the pack this year as he knew Marussia's limitations and was just focused on its battle with Caterham.
"I'm really happy with what we have done, even if we want a bit more performance. I think we're doing well," said Bianchi.
"It's a different challenge but actually we know what we can do at the maximum so we're trying to get that done all the time.
"For us, a victory is to be in front of my team-mate and Caterham, so that is the only target we have."