Jordan King held off a fierce challenge from Will Buller to win the second race of the British Formula 3 International Series weekend at Spa.
King took the lead of this reversed-grid race at half-distance from Antonio Giovinazzi, who left his braking too late at the Bus Stop chicane.
As the Italian struggled for traction on exit, King swept past into La Source, but then had to defend a challenge from Giovinazzi into Eau Rouge before racing into the lead.
Giovinazzi's loss of momentum allowed Buller, who had been down in fifth on the opening lap, to get past, and the Northern Irishman gradually inched closer to King.
A last-corner tap from Buller at the Bus Stop did not unsettle King, who therefore took his and the Carlin team's second win of the British F3 season.
King, who had scorched from seventh to second on the opening lap, said: "I picked up a lot of places at La Source and then got Tatiana Calderon for second quite quickly.
"When I got past Antonio, unfortunately he lost a lot of time and that allowed Will to attack me."
The race again took place on a wet track, although the sun was out from halfway through.
Giovinazzi felt his tyres fading and settled for third, comfortably ahead of Calderon, Sean Gelael and Jann Mardenborough, whose Carlin mechanics did a great job to repair the car in time for this race.
Jordan Oon led the National Class for the first four laps before Sun Zheng got ahead to take his second win of the weekend.
Meanwhile, Nicholas Latifi did not start the race as a result of damage sustained in his enormous accident with Mardenborough in race one.
Results - 12 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jordan King Carlin Dallara-VW 32m19.421s
2. Will Buller Fortec Dallara-Merc +0.538s
3. Antonio Giovinazzi Double R Dallara-Merc +9.752s
4. Tatiana Calderon Double R Dallara-Merc +12.748s
5. Sean Gelael Double R Dallara-Merc +16.371s
6. Jann Mardenborough Carlin Dallara-VW +21.986s
7. Felipe Guimaraes Fortec Dallara-Merc +52.484s
8. Sun Zheng CF Dallara-Mugen +1m21.895s
9. Jordan Oon West-Tec Dallara-Toyota +1m33.126s
10. Chris Vlok West-Tec Dallara-Toyota +1m34.180s
Nicholas Latifi Carlin Dallara-VW DNS