Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery has no doubts that his company will remain in Formula 1 next year, despite the fallout from the Mercedes secret test affair.
Although Pirelli was reprimanded for being involved in Mercedes' breach of F1's testing regulations in its running of a 2013 car, and is still not ruling out civil action against the FIA, Hembery says his bosses are still convinced that remaining in grand prix racing is the right way forward.
His comments come despite warning at the Monaco Grand Prix that time was running out for Pirelli to get a fresh deal and be ready for 2014.
"We have had a lot of internal discussions and we have had to decide what we are going to do," said Hembery, speaking in public for the first time since the FIA's International Tribunal hearing last week.
"Thankfully we have managed to convince them to stay with it; and we have got some good ideas going forward - different things, different approaches, and we would like to do that.
"The promoter is clearly on board, the majority of teams are now; and we are closing in on the final few. If we have got all the teams and promoter happy, then what else can we do?"
Hembery said Pirelli did not intend to appeal the Tribunal verdict; but revealed that his company's lawyers were still evaluating the option of taking the matter to civil courts.
"I think we said at the time that we were pleased it was recognised that nobody acted in bad faith; and with the cost being shared three ways it is a fair outcome," said Hembery.
"We also reserve the right to consider civil action so that is being considered. It is not in my hands, it is in the lawyers' hands.
"We just prefer to get on with the championship. That is the most important thing."
When asked how seriously Pirelli was looking into legal action, Hembery said: "It was a condition of the hearing that Pirelli reserves the right to consider taking the situation to a civil court.
"And I would not say we are actively looking at it; looking more at finishing the season."
Hembery also denied that his decision to skip the FIA Friday press conference at Silverstone was part of a wider conflict with the governing body, insisting that he felt enough had been said about tyres this season.
"We advised on Wednesday that we were not going to be there so it was strange that the invite still went out really," he explained.
"We felt it was the time really to move on, because we seem to get a frequent flyer pass for FIA press conference. We went to three last year and have been to three this year, and we thought it better to talk about other things."