San Marino Rally loses place on 2013 ERC schedule
|By Matt Beer||Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 16:47 GMT|
The San Marino Rally has lost its place on the 2013 European Rally Championship schedule.
The event had been due to form round seven on July 11-13, but financial issues mean it will not now join the series.
Francois Ribeiro, motorsport development director for ERC organiser Eurosport Events, said all involved had done everything within their power to keep San Marino in the fold.
"We have tried everything to find a number of solutions to keep the San Marino Rally on the ERC calendar but, unfortunately, this has not been possible with the new management of San Marino's motorsport federation," said Ribeiro.
"We regret the idea of losing a compact gravel event in Italy, but the cut in public funding went beyond expectations."
There will be no replacement for San Marino, reducing the ERC calendar to 12 rounds.
Drivers will now count their best four scores from the first six and best four scores from the last six events on the calendar, rather than the previous six/seven rally split.