Alex Tagliani retains Bryan Herta Autosport IndyCar drive for 2013
|By Matt Beer||Thursday, January 24th 2013, 13:12 GMT|
Alex Tagliani has retained his Bryan Herta Autosport IndyCar Series drive for 2013.
The Canadian had always been expected to stay on and his deal has now been finalised.
"The combination of Alex and all the BHA crew and engineering group really worked well last year," said team owner Bryan Herta.
"We all agreed that having Alex return would give us our best chance to win races and compete on every type of track the IndyCar schedule throws at us."
BHA's 2012 season was compromised by initially using the uncompetitive Lotus engine, before switching to Honda in time for the Indianapolis 500.
The subsequent improvement in form included a pole at Texas Motor Speedway, but Tagliani was still limited to 17th in the championship.
"The 2012 season was strong for us, despite the challenges we faced, and the results don't reflect all our successes," said Tagliani.
"It will be great to show that we are a factor; that we are moving up in the field."