Ducati says it is already addressing Valentino Rossi's complaints
|By Jonathan Noble and Matt Beer||Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 09:47 GMT|
Ducati's new team boss Bernhard Gobmeier says he has already acted on Valentino Rossi's complaints about poor communication at the MotoGP squad.
Rossi called time on his unsuccessful two-year stint at Ducati at the end of last year to rejoin Yamaha.
The seven-time MotoGP champion was frustrated that his efforts to steer Ducati's development on a competitive path did not pay off.
Speaking to reporters including AUTOSPORT at the Wrooom media event in Italy, Gobmeier said he understood why Rossi had felt there was a disconnection between riders, the race team and the factory.
"One of the things that I noticed, and this is something that we have addressed immediately, I believe the communication between what is going on at the racetrack between riders, the team that is on track, and the factory, has to be improved.
"We have heard through your papers and online communication that this was always a complaint of Valentino's, that there were some deficiencies.
"We have addressed this and we have found a way to improve this quite a bit in the next season."
Gobmeier, who joined Ducati from BMW's Superbike programme, said his new team had welcomed his approach so far.
"What I found is that everybody in the company is very positive about those changes and ideas that I have in order to work together in a hopefully much more efficient way, and so far there was a very welcoming reaction to these," he said.