Dany Bahar has been dismissed from his role as CEO of Group Lotus with immediate effect, the Malaysian-owned sportscar manufacturer announced on Thursday.
Just a fortnight after it was revealed that Bahar was being suspended following a complaint about his conduct, Group Lotus said that his employment contract had been terminated.
In a statement issued by Group Lotus, it said: "The decision was made by the Board of Group Lotus plc following the results of an investigation into a complaint made against him by the company's penultimate holding company, DRB-HICOM Berhad."
Bahar was the man who spearheaded the idea of rebranding the Renault team as Lotus for this season. That plan put him in conflict with the ambitions of current Caterham team principal Tony Fernandes - who embarked on reviving the Lotus name before Bahar joined Group Lotus at the end of 2009.
Group Lotus said that Aslam Farikullah would be its new Chief Operating Officer.
Group Lotus' owners DRB-Hicom insist that they remain fully focused on securing a bright future for Group Lotus, despite speculation that it was open to selling the sportscar company.
Dato' Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil, Group Managing Director of DRB-HICOM Berhad said: "I would like to assure you that we remain committed to ensure the ongoing and future business operations of the Lotus Group as we take the Lotus Group to the next level to remain relevant in the global automotive industry.
"I look forward to bringing mutual benefits to not only DRB-HICOM and PROTON Holdings Berhad but also the Lotus Group and its employees as well as contribute to the growth of the British automotive industry."